Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great weekend with the wounded vets, total success!

Started by Usahuntingear, May 16, 2013, 04:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usahuntingear

Except for the weather, the live auction for the disabled vets brought in thousands. Our quilt brought in a nice price also. There are still alot of good people out there, people would bid on an item 200.00-300 dollar item and turn around and give it to a disabled vet to hunt with!! Some of the hunting bhuts were on hydraulics to raise the vet up in the air, pretty neat. We sold out withing 2 hours on our new striker/pot carriers and also our box call pouches. We had also sold out on all of our scroll wood working plaques which I wasnt expecting that.We raised around 500.00 just from us alone, not too bad. This is only one of the organizations we support, this is why I say we really dont make anything, when its all said and done, we look back on the year and had given away more then what we brought in. I wish I had the talent of you guys calling abilities, i would volunteer calling for some of these guys, just not that good at it.

God bless our young men and women for serving and all our other veterans from past wars!!(There was a wounded female soldier also)

These guys really put thier heart into turkey hunting, in wheel chairs missing a leg or whatever, makes you proud and sad at the same time. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

One day at a time.

Wrangler95

:jesus-cross:

Very nice work your doing,thanks to all the Vets!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Usahuntingear

One day at a time.

vaturkey

Thanks Tom for all you folks do !  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

beagler

Never Misses

Usahuntingear

Keep in mind, last year and the year before, the majority of our business came from here, so all of you helped get these guys and gals the things they need to hunt, if you wouldnt have been ordering i wouldnt have had the means to supply this stuff, so your a big part of this.
I forgot, Zippo made a one of a kind gold trimmed lighter to be auctioned, it went for 2 grand, and a Remington .45 model 1911 that had the NWTF in gold inlaid,  it went for 2500.00.
One day at a time.

tomstopper

Amen for people like you. Thanks for all you did for those vets......

Usahuntingear

Quote from: tomstopper on May 16, 2013, 09:44:18 PM
Amen for people like you. Thanks for all you did for those vets......
Thank you. My son is a combat engineer in the US Army, I was looking at those young guys in wheel chairs and trying not to picture my son. We need to come home.
One day at a time.

Usahuntingear

Quote from: vaturkey on May 16, 2013, 05:50:39 PM

Thanks Tom for all you folks do !  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

vaturkey   :newmascot
:
The last turkey plaque was the very first thing sold.LOL.
One day at a time.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.