OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wedding Gift

Started by TRKYHTR, May 15, 2013, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

So my daughter is getting married June 8th. Her soon to be husband, Jason, has never been hunting but was very interested after she brought him to my house. He finally put in the time to take his hunter safety class and was itchin to go turkey hunting this spring. I took him in the fall and he killed his first turkey but he had never had the fortune of being in the spring woods and hearing the turkeys gobble. The first time I was able to take him we were late because I had forgot the shotgun and had to turn around and go back to get it. He was using my shotgun because he didn't have one. This was my buddy Marvin Robbins gun I had received from his family after he passed away. I gave this Remington 870 to Marvin several years ago for Christmas. It was one of the best shooting guns he owned and he put a scope on it because his eyes were getting bad. In the last 2 years that I used this gun it has killed 20+ gobblers. I have killed 16 with it in the 2 years I shot it. Plus everyone that I took hunting that didn't have a gun used mine because it was sighted in and using a scope is easy for alot of people to use. It is very user friendly. He ended up killing his first and second spring turkey with that gun. After this spring season ended he was at my house going over some of the wedding plans. So I gave him my wedding gift. Marvin's gun. I told him that it was a family airloom and that he should hand it down to his kids at the appropriate time. Here is a couple pics of that gun with some dead turkeys.

TRKYHTR

This was the last turkey I killed with this gun. It was my AZ gobbler. Marvin lived in AZ.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

guesswho

Sweet!  I'm sure Marvin would approve.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DirtNap647

Shellwaster

Very kind gesture, letting your soon-to-be son-in-law know that your accept him.

RutnNStrutn

Very nice Joe!! You're a class act!! :icon_thumright:
What a great way to carry on the history of that gun! :icon_thumright:

Gold Spur

What a awesome way to welcome Jason into the family. Passing a heirloom with that much sentimental value is a truly sincere gesture.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

trkycaller

headbanger

Great gesture to the future SIL! That gun has some serious mojo.

beagler

Never Misses

captin_hook

runngun

If that don't tell him that you think he is alright I don't know what will.
And tell him that if he ever gets the notion to get out of line your friends from OG will come help you get his mind right!!! Lol

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 15, 2013, 09:02:09 PM
Very nice Joe!! You're a class act!! :icon_thumright:
What a great way to carry on the history of that gun! :icon_thumright:
:agreed: Thats awesome. That gift will mean more to him than anything else he could have ever recieved.....

jblackburn

Sweet gift!  I bet he cherishes it.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

otis

:you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:   that was very nice of you to do that i am sure he is a fine youg man and will be a great son n law 

otis