OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Interesting Hunt thought

Started by TRKYHTR, May 15, 2013, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Second to the last weekend of our general season I took my soon to be SIL and my son on a place I have permission to hunt. The rancher also lets a few other people hunt as well. After we arrived and were half way to our listening spot I heard a truck drive up. We were the first in the parking area but this place is pretty big and there is room to roam. My son headed after a couple gobbling turkeys while Jason and I went after another group. You could hear 30+ turkeys from our listening spot. So there was enough turkeys to go around. My son ended up killing a turkey and headed back to the truck. Where Jason and I were at there was no cell service so we couldn't communicate to each other what was going on. Jason and I worked a gobbler for several hours and had him at 60 yards and coming when 3 Jakes decided to run the gobbler off. Dang it I hate when that happens. So we headed out to my truck. Since I have a company car to drive, and they pay for my gas, I don't drive my pickup much. When we got back the other guys truck was still there but my son was gone. Me and Jason threw everything in the truck and headed out. We only got a few yards down the road and I could tell we had a flat tire. So we got out and I had the young buck do most of the changing and we were on our way. Unbenounced to me Jason took my tire to get it fixed, thinking he was just going to plug it for less than 10 bucks. When the tire guy checked it he came back and told Jason that somebody had slashed my tire and it was not fixable. There was a 3/4" wide cut in the tire where somebody took a knife and run it into the tire. I guess the other guy was not happy that some other hunters was hunting and killing turkeys where he had permission to hunt. I can't even contemplate that type of thinking. Hopefully we don't run into each other next year. He could end up having a real bad day.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

TrackeySauresRex

Congrats on your son's turkey.. Sorry for the haters! In the end they will get there's. Carma is a .......
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

WV TURKEY THUG

If that happend to me u best believe I would be going back to that area and draining the oil out of his truck while he was hunting. Payback is a xxxxx. I would go there everyday I could just to see if hes there. But that's just me. I'm just that kinda person where someone does something to me or family or property. they will get it 10 times worse.

WV TURKEY THUG

That's sucks someone did this. I hope u get him.

stinkpickle

That's some serious boo-sheet right there.  I come unglued over crap like that.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on May 15, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
If that happend to me u best believe I would be going back to that area and draining the oil out of his truck while he was hunting. Payback is a xxxxx. I would go there everyday I could just to see if hes there. But that's just me. I'm just that kinda person where someone does something to me or family or property. they will get it 10 times worse.

Amen, I am the same way
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DirtNap647

people are unreal and i thought pa was bad

RutnNStrutn

What in the world? That is ridiculous. About the only reason I can see for slicing someone's tire is if they were a poacher and I wanted to stop them from escaping. I think I would give the ranch owner who gave you the permission a head's up phone call.

davisd9

I would certainly speak to the land owner.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ghillie

Sounds similar.  Had all 4 of my tires slashed at once by a trespasser I caught last year.  I was turkey hunting, he was mushroom hunting.  Needless to say...I'm still looking for that Jeep Grand Cherokee!

ccleroy

slamman

there are all kinds in this world karma monkey will get him.

Zachariah1548

That's terrible! Congrats on your sons Tom.

BBD

Haters gonna hate.  I wouldn't dare stoop to their level, karma on the other hand is a son of gun....

eddie234

Pass that info on to the land owner. I'm sure he'd like to know that someone he's letting hunt his property is vandalizing vehicles. Could be a trespasser.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2