OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I thought i was too old for a spanking!

Started by va wingbone, May 15, 2013, 08:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

va wingbone

Two mornings in a row, the same two gobblers have made a fool of me, yesterday i set up between two birds gobbling in the tree, the bird to my right flies over to the bird on my left and go on their merry way gobbling the whole time. This morning i set 75 yard from the bird that was to my left yesterday and I'll be damned if he didn't fly over to the other bird and again the gobbled out of hearing. I think they know the property line, Ive been set up on a long narrow peninsula that i can hunt surrounded by posted land, and they must know it. That wraps up my season, i guess its back to serving and protecting.
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Tail Feathers

You were treated unfairly.  Two brains the size of walnuts is too much for any one man to handle. :z-dizzy: :TooFunny:

There's always next year...Good Lord willing. :funnyturkey:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

DirtNap647

i got one making a fool out of me everyday

M R Ducks

They've got me to where I'm wearing a Dunce Cap into the woods. 

mikejd

I got a royal spanking this year myself and if it weeent for my dad I wouldn't even know it. Me and dad were walking and calling and we got pinched down by a gobble closer then we expected. We quickly set up about 15yds apart covering two different areas. The bird only gobbled one more time and then was gone. After about a half hr I decided to go in my bag of tricks to seewere he may be but turned up nothing. After about an hr we decide to moove when my dad says what happen didn't you see him I said see what he said that big ol tom. I say what. Turned out thiss SOB snuck in silent on my dads view he could not get a shot but thought the bird was circling for my calling and was waiting for me to shoot. When we re traced the birds path he was in the only spit to see me mooving but I wasn't concerned because my dad had that side covered. So if my dad was not there I would have never known I blew a shot and worse educated an already pretty sharp bird. I guess he's another that will die of old age.

va wingbone

You kill a couple early in the season, your head swells up and then ol boy gives you a lesson in humility lol

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

TRKYHTR

Maybe if you gobble at them they will fly to you. Just sayin.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

va wingbone

Im pretty good with the haint, and gobbled this morning and they gobbled back as if to say kma

Gold Spur

Quote from: va wingbone on May 15, 2013, 10:17:53 AM
Im pretty good with the haint, and gobbled this morning and they gobbled back as if to say kma

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: Yep, I hate when that happens.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

you hunt long enough,you are going to get spanked lots of times over the years
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

va wingbone

Oh I know, the last 20 years I've had my share, but I've been pretty fortunate I've given my share too:))

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like the way my season ended up in SC. :(

tomstopper

Quote from: surehuntsalot on May 15, 2013, 07:34:19 PM
you hunt long enough,you are going to get spanked lots of times over the years
Yep. Its been happening to me all season so far.....

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

jblackburn

Well, the spankings make the kill shots all the better!

That almost sounded dirty . . . :funnyturkey:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.