Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2 weeks left. Next year.

Started by Jay, May 15, 2013, 06:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

We kind of slowed down on kills. We started out well, then hit a wall. I know GSLAM has put some down, that he hasn't recorded, yet, but haven't heard who is still out there or done. If you've got a bird down, let's get it recorded. If you are still chasing them, let me know. We need 1 more bird recorded from a non scorer to reach the minimum 9. We aren't going to win this thing, but would like to finish high in the standings.
I'll need feedback on who wants to continue with the Raiders team next year. I've really had a great time with this team, and it has been a motivator pushing/inspiring me to hunt harder, after getting a bit lazy about Turkey Hunting. However, it seems like there is less interest from our long time members, which has showed in posting. Some of you guys are a lot busier with other things going on in your life, also, which has also been my situation leading to a total of 5 days hunted for me this year. However, next year is going to be my year if everything goes on schedule with retirement/finances. I want to have my best year ever next year, and hunt with as many guys as possible, that have invited me to their states. Pm me or we can discuss it here, what you guys want to do. Whatever, I'm really happy to have had the guys on this team, that are still here, and to have met some of you in the real world. This team has been competitive EVERY single year of the contest, even considering it has not been a loaded, multi-state team like others. Thanks.

njdevilsb

I've got until the 31st to fill my second tag and my current schedule is going to allow me to hunt more than just the weekends.  If I don't get my second this weekend, I'm going to be after them pretty hard starting next week until the season closes hoping to up my current bird that I have scored.

I'd like to continue with this team next year as well.

CSAW

Im leaving for Wisconsin tomorrow to roll some heads.

simpzenith

I'm also heading to WI tomorrow to fill 2 tags and then Memorial Day weekend I have a Minnesota tag to fill. Maybe I can at least get an upgrade. I shot a downgrade Jake in the Black Hills this past weekend. I wished that I could have posted more but I barely have time these days. I would like to remain on the team if you guys will have me.

Jay

Congrats Shane on your Wisconsin kill. Hoping for an upgrade. :icon_thumright:
Got ahold of a busy GSLAM, and he's shot like 9 birds this year, and will get the biggest up soon on pictures, which will bring us up to our 9 required. Still waiting to hear what's happening with the others that haven't scored,yet or said anything. I'll be checking in a couple of times a day to keep everything update, so try to get everything posted as soon as possible. I've got to clear out a whole house this week for an upcoming sale, and unload a house payment, so my schedule is a bit brutal.

simpzenith

You're going to kill me Jay. I hope it doesn't come down to 2 points. Did a score on my bird in the field and thought it wasn't an upgrade. I tallied it again tonight and it would have been an upgrade of 2 points. Sorry! :)

Jay

Quote from: simpzenith on May 19, 2013, 10:37:48 PM
You're going to kill me Jay. I hope it doesn't come down to 2 points. Did a score on my bird in the field and thought it wasn't an upgrade. I tallied it again tonight and it would have been an upgrade of 2 points. Sorry! :)
Not for first, that's for sure. We aren't even close this year.

GSLAM95

I apologize that I have not posted anything yet guys but as I already let Jay know, I have been working 13 hr shifts 7 days a week since turkey season.   I am on nights now and will try to get posted up very soon. 
From what I have read in this thread it appears that we are not even close so getting rest has been my priority but I will get pics downloaded and post a thread. 
As for next year I'm still game if you guys want me on the team.  I hope next year allows more time for posting and following along closer during season. 
The eggs have been overflowing in my basket with things going on lately.  Hope everyone had a very enjoyable spring season.   

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

CSAW

I whacked one in Wisconsin but no upgrade.  Good luck to the guys still hunting!

Jay

Congrats Chad. I think we have a few hunting, yet, but not 100% sure. It's like pulling teeth this year to find out anything. ;D

simpzenith

I'm hunting in MN this weekend Jay. My last 3 days to hunt this spring. Although it's nice to bag a Tom early, I would like this hunt to take all three days. :)

njdevilsb

One week left and the long spurred bird is still showing up.  We have a plan for this weekend but he's a tough bird to hunt.

cuttinAR

I've been done for awhile now as only one of my out of state trips panned out.  I can say that the "organizer" won't be in charge again cause it really put a damper on my season this year!!!  Good luck to the rest of those still out.

njdevilsb

I'm done.  I got a half point upgrade this morning.  We haven't been seeing the one we were after so we hunted a bird a friend of my dad was seeing regularly on his property.  Almost got him yesterday morning and adjusted for this morning and got him right after he hit the ground.  18.4   9"   7/8".

Bigsho69

I struck out in FL and NE this year.   NE for the first time since I have been going up there.  Not sure what happened exactly but I am disappointed I couldnt get back up there this Memorial weekend.  Just couldnt afford it.  Anyways, I have plans to hunt Goulds next year along with my usual spots.  Hopefully I can complete my Royal and eventually my World slam with a bow.  I know GSLAM has done it so I am inspired to get it done.  I am certainly still wanting to be on the team.  I havent posted a ton this year either due to busy work, school, and home life but I got a couple birds in the dirt.