turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska Hunt pic heavy!

Started by jbennett, May 14, 2013, 11:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

Four of us made a week long trip to Nebraska for our first "out of state" turkey hunt. The three guys hunting with me had never killed a turkey before this trip. We spent a few days hunting public land and sight seeing before beginning our hunt with Brady Thomas of Heritage Outfitters. I had only talked to Brady a few times before the hunt began, but I had heard nothing but great reports from friends who'd hunted with him over the years. After a short meet and greet we got down to the business at hand and headed for the hills. The first hunt of the day ended with my dad killing his first turkey (at age 67), and the excitement and flood of emotions left us all in tears. By the next evening we all had birds on the ground. We filled all of our 11 tags with the most beautiful turkeys we'd ever seen. The hunt was great, but the friendships that we made with the guys we shared camp with were enough to book our dates for next year.

Gold Spur

Congrats on some beautiful birds!!!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

trkycaller

boomer

wvboy

Wow congrats guys..  if you don't mind me asking .. I see their prices on their website for the hunt, but how much did your lodging and meals run you for 3 days?  Was it reasonable in that area?  Or did you guys camp out?
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

alloutdoors

Wow, looks like you had an awesome trip! Congrats!

DirtNap647

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

headbanger

Congrats on an outstanding trip!

Rokhal07

Congrats! Looks like a fantastic trip!

bigdoc

Awesome hunt,but making me a little jealous      lol

BP1992

Did you fellas do the guided or semi guided hunt?

beagler

Never Misses

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!