turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The smile says it all !

Started by steveo, May 13, 2013, 05:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo

Well after 7 days my daughter got her Gobbler..........after so many close encounters with long beards and not being able to close the deal for one reason or another everything came together for her on Saturday. The weather called for rain and severe thunderstorms and when we discussed going I figured she may back out ! but nope she replied (its on like Donkey Kong Jack !) she even said lets go to that spot with the old field....hmmm OK great idea :icon_thumright:. We set up 45min before light in a pop-up blind and when it started to crack light the birds started hammering (oh boy here we go) probably 7 different gobblers sounding off. Well the rain held off all but one passing shower and when they hit the ground all went silent,figuring they had hens around them we sat and waited and took a nap. At 8:00am we hear 3 birds @ 200yards start up and a few calls latter here they come strutting and gobbling to 25 yards where she let the first bird in have it ! to say she was excited would be a understatement........she knocked me to the ground trying to get out of the blind after hugging me until I couldn't breath !!! LOL great day to be a dad ! ;D.   

stinkpickle

Congrats to the both of you!   :happy0064:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

DirtNap647

RutnNStrutn

That's awesome!!!! :you_rock: I hope to share that experience with my daughter one day! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

beagler

Never Misses

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats to you both......

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

headbanger

Well done...Congrats to you both!!

Onpoint

Mike Honcho

Congrats to your daughter and you too dad!  Wish I could get my daughters to hunt...they are 24 and 20.
They will eat wild turkey and they like to shoot guns but not interested in hunting at all. Oh well!

Rokhal07

Congrats to you both! Thats really something special! I cant wait til my son is old enough to take

MAKEemQUIVER

Congrats to you and your daughter
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

bigdoc

trkycaller