turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You must read this!

Started by barry, May 13, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

If any of you guys ever have the chance to help with a Wheelin' Sportsmen hunt and are hesitant to do so for whatever reason, just read these 2 letters from one of this years hunters.

Permission from the hunter was granted to post these letters.

Barry,
Thank you so very much for organizing the turkey hunt on April 27th for disabled hunters in Bedford, Virginia.  The hunt was organized very well and came off without a hitch.  As one of the hunters I was very pleased with the outcome of the hunt and I was very happy with the guides I was assigned.  Both of my guides went above and beyond any responsibility they may have had in seeing to my comfort and needs.  These two men made me feel as though I was just another hunter and as though we were old buddies.  I felt at home with them.  Even though I did not take a turkey home, I took something more important with me, memories that will last forever.  Without getting too sappy, I want to say thank you again and I look forward to future hunts with you and your chapter of the NWTF.
Sincerely,
Mike

Following is another letter he asked me to forward to his guide...

Steve,
I want to thank you personally for being one of my guides at the Bedford Va. Turkey hunt on April 27th.  You accepted me as another guy and made me feel at home.  You asked me what I needed and saw to it that I knew what was going on.  As a blind guy I usually get a different response from people which is intended well but not necessarily appropriate for the situation.  You on the other hand accepted me as an individual and not as a needy person.  So, I want to thank you for that.  I also want to say that you are an outstanding turkey caller.  As you know you had the toms responding to your calls from the beginning of the hunt to the end of it at noon.  When I attend this hunt again I hope it is you that I get assigned to.

Tail Feathers

My good friend is mobility impaired from a broken neck.  He can walk but 100 yards is pushing it in the woods for him.
It takes some creativity but his success rate is on up there.
Hunting with him is very rewarding for me.  He is an inspiration and reminds to be grateful for my own gift of health.  The extra effort is well worth it IMO.  Actually, it's not that much extra effort at all.
If you have a chance, help a handicapped hunter out.  You'll be glad you did. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

That's awesome Barry. As a Marine Corps veteran, I want to say thank you to you & your chapter for taking the time & taking those veterans out hunting. As you can see, I am sure it meant the world to them. Thanks again......