OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

strange day today

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, May 13, 2013, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Today is the first day that I have not heard a turkey gobble in the morning. I started scouting around mid march. They were even gobbling when it was 27 degrees out and snow on the ground.  Does anyone know why they were acting strange.

GOOSESLAYER

They most likely have a good harem with them. No need to gobble if there roosting together with hens

DirtNap647

Quote from: GOOSESLAYER on May 13, 2013, 01:27:38 PM
They most likely have a good harem with them. No need to gobble if there roosting together with hens
x2

va wingbone

You should consider yourself lucky, i hunt all but maybe 4 or 5 days of VAs season and sometimes I'll go 2 days in a row and not hear a gobbling and I'm listening at several spots. Id actually think it was weird if i heard Turkeys every day of the season.
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

WV TURKEY THUG

People said it was the cold weather that we had this morning shut them up. but I think there full of it. They all must of had hens with them I stopped and listened at 15 to 2o different places I covered a lot of ground . I saw a few bids while driving from spot to spot 3 nice long beards and 2 jakes and a hen. Almost hit one of  the Jakes stupid thing flew off a hillside right in front of me and landed.

mikejd

Im jealous. If I did not hear birds gobble on the roost I would think there was no such thing as turkeys. I think my birds have a toggle switch on the bottom of there feet as soon as they land thats it for the day.