OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Back home, come check out the carnage.

Started by Gooserbat, May 13, 2013, 12:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

The Gooserbat team aka Turkey Hunters Extraordinaire went on a little trip to Colorado.  It hadn't rained all spring until we showed up so after rain and 6500 extra feet in altitude slowed down our Colorado hunting we loaded up and went to KS.  Flat land and dumb Rio's made us feel much better.

Here is a few pics.

The first is of OK State Calling Champ Tres Phipps and the 2nd is of Bret Graves of Dadeville, MO
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RutnNStrutn

Glad you were able to salvage your trip with a good hunt in Kansas!!

Gooserbat

Here is Dr. Joey Blackburn and his two KS Rio's check out the fan on the first bird.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gooserbat

And here I am with my wet and slightly out of shape Merriam which I might add was my First Mountain Bird.  I also got the opertunity to drop the hammer on a two year old KS Rio. 

Last pic is of our KS results.
NWTF Booth 1623

rempumpman

Taking a lemon and making lemonade.......... :OGturkeyhead:...congrats and thanks for sharing.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Congrats on the bunch of awesome birds

va wingbone

AWESOME! Did Yall hunt private or public land in KS?
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Gooserbat

Quote from: va wingbone on May 13, 2013, 03:51:56 PM
AWESOME! Did Yall hunt private or public land in KS?

Both.   We did some door knock'n and got access to some land.
NWTF Booth 1623

headbanger

Y'all wore em out. Congrats...looks like a great time.

Improvinghunter101

Congrats!  Sounds like a great trip!

Tail Feathers

KS was nicer to you than it was to my group. ;)
Congrats on some good birds! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Rokhal07

jblackburn

This was one of the best hunting trips I have been on!  I am proud to be associated with a great group of turkey hunters at Gooserbat! 
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.