OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2013 SEASON IN THE TAIL LIGHTS

Started by catdaddy, May 13, 2013, 12:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

It was a solemn day for me yesterday as it always is on the last day of turkey season.  After the hunt on Sunday morning, I came home and put all my gear back in its place until next year.  The weather made for a challenging season—but I wound up OK with some good memories to boot.  The seasoned contains several first's—we laid out a 5 bearded gobbler, I took a 16 year old on his first turkey hunt which he killed a gobbler with his daddy's duck gun and I took a friend on his first turkey hunt and he scored with the only shotgun he owned—a 20 gauge side by side.   

#1  5 Bearded Gobbler

#2 Beared Hen   This beared hen came in on a string to my hen yelps. She was yelping like a jake and I thought I even heard her try to gobble. When I saw the beard, I immediately knew what I was dealing with--a turkey Bull Dyke--a Rosie O'Donnell of the turkey genius. I thought I should take her out of the gene pool :)

#4 "Dont' Hold A Grudge" Gobbler

RutnNStrutn

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats on a great season & the memories made.......

DirtNap647

redarrow

I don't know Tom ?????  Putting the smack down on Rosie might be considered a hate crime. You could be in deep doo doo. :TooFunny: Glad to see you had a great season.  Time to get ready for next year.

Tail Feathers

Sounds like a good season.  Congrats! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

stinkpickle

I'll fist pump to that season!    :happy0064:

TRKYHTR

Congrats on a great season Tom.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

beagler

Never Misses

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WV TURKEY THUG

Looks like u had great season. I still can't get over that nice 5 bearded gobbler u got it is a true trophy.

Flydown

Congrats cat daddy! You had an awesome season!

Gold Spur

Congrats on a awesome season.... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

slamman

GREAT SEASON AND GREAT MEMORIES thank you for sharing.

steveo