Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who is now already planning for next turkey season?

Started by rempumpman, May 12, 2013, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

Well my season is over and I have had a GREAT turkey season; although next year is quite away off, who, along with me, is already making plans for next turkey season? there are some things I would like to add to my hunting gear and there are definately some new areas I want to hunt so I am now planning my trips and have already begun saving money for my next adventure; if God lets me live and by his will I see next spring, I plan to hunt several new states and add some new memories;

Who else is doing the same?
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

redarrow

It's on my mind for sure.Seen a dandy longbeard on Fri. across from where I hunt.

RickC

Already planning some trips into New Mexico and Texas.

Rick
Blessings,
Rick

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

AndyH

I'm gonna try and finish my slam up next year, just need my Merriams. Although I would love to go back to Florida and get another Osceola.

mikejd

Always thinking of next year. Although there are still plenty of things to do this year. Turkey season is my favorite but no need to wish the year by. I will be fishing for the next 4 months then deer season that rolls back into winter fishing weather it be ice or open saltwater that rolls me right back in to turkey season. Its one big old fun cycle for me.

Tail Feathers

Been discussing next year with our traveling friends already.
Been doing a little internet looking too.
I still get to go out and try to help a buddy try to find a late season suicidal bird tomorrow. :happy0064:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

DirtNap647

ads1

I am looking forward to a fall turkey season in Illinois and started some research on a Kansas Rio hunt next spring. Since I live out in the country I will scout all year and map out the turkeys in the area.

Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

WV TURKEY THUG

This guy right here is gonna start working on some food plots and trying to thin the predators out some. Hopefully it will be great season next year. But my season ain't over yet. :turkey2:

GobbleNut

Yessirree,...already discussing plans with "the crew" as to what the possibilities are for next year.  We've already got our spots in Texas and Oklahoma locked in, but we will be trying to line up some additional properties to hunt in both states so that a few more friends can go along. 

Also have an Osceola hunt in the works if things go as planned, and a recent possibility of an Eastern hunt in Tennessee, if the chips all fall into place.  Combining that with our NM Merriams hunting, and I may be able to pull off the single-season slam next spring. 

...A guy can dream, can't he?!

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: WV TURKEY THUG on May 12, 2013, 09:31:29 PM
This guy right here is gonna start working on some food plots and trying to thin the predators out some. Hopefully it will be great season next year. But my season ain't over yet. :turkey2:

Same here,back to coyote hunting in about 2 weeks.Got to get my ground worked for the plot but its cleared off now.

One more week to tag out!

WV TURKEY THUG

She be good yote hunting with all the dumb ones starting to hunt for food now. One of my favorite times to call them.

BowBendr

I've always wanted to hunt up in the New England states area one time, I think i'm gonna try it next season.