OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sorry

Started by ncturkey, May 12, 2013, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

My season in North Carolina came to a end yesterday on the 11th. I came close about 3-4 times but them field gobblers were smart. I had chance to take a few jakes but choose to let them go. They will be good 2 years old next year. I had a big gobbler with 4 hens strutting out in a big field last Thursday. I had the hens all around me but he would mever come into range. I thoguht for sure he was going to follow them hens right into me but he did not. I did have a good season. I called in my daughters first turkey. I called in two lonbaerds for a buddy of mine but he did not take them due them being right at the edge of his range. But all in all it was a fun season. Good Luck to everyone who is stil hunting.

Jay

Well, that's hunting. I've had to scramble to put down 1 bird in the past. Thankfully, I've got Kansas, which has turned into my gold mine vs my home state of Iowa, which sucks.

ncturkey

Jay thanks for asking me to be on your team.

Jay

I knew you'd give it your all, which is all I can ask for. It's hard to compete with the teams with most members hunting multiple states. It's hard to rely on just your home state. I hate Iowa's 4 seasonal tag system vs just buying your tags, and being able to hunt whenever, like most states. Good luck next year.