turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bob Dixon vest

Started by stilker, May 10, 2013, 02:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

What are Bob Dixon vests selling for nowadays?

Usahuntingear

I saw one go on Ebay last year for auction, it went for 700.00!! Good luck finding one. were trying to make one now.
One day at a time.

cuppednlocked

There were 2 recently listed on ebay.  IIRC, they both sold for more than $550.  You can do a completed auction search to see the exact amounts.

Usahuntingear

Quote from: cuppednlocked on May 10, 2013, 08:56:48 AM
There were 2 recently listed on ebay.  IIRC, they both sold for more than $550.  You can do a completed auction search to see the exact amounts.

If a guy would have only known and boughtt up a cpl dozen back then. Ours that we are coming out with will be hopefully .a sucess
One day at a time.

WV Ridge Reaper

I'm sorry,but I have to ask.Why are these vest so high or what is so great about them ?

KYFrid

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on May 10, 2013, 08:10:50 PM
I'm sorry,but I have to ask.Why are these vest so high or what is so great about them ?
I'd like to know as well. Thats just nuts!

boomer

I remember after buying mine at the beginning of turkey season when they came out. Then I was mad at the end of the season the sporting goods store I bought it at had the rest on clearance for $75.

Old Gobbler

the "Dixon" vest was a charity fundraiser

""Mossy Oak Apparel's Limited Edition Dixon Turkey Vest is a tribute to long-time Mossy Oak executive-team member Bob Dixon, who lost his battle with colon cancer in 2003. In an effort to fight this terrible disease, Mossy Oak has teamed up with Dr. Arthur S. Leonard, who started a cancer research fund that's largely supported by the donations of sportsmen and women. All of the proceeds generated by the sale of the Dixon Vest will go directly toward the ASL Cancer Research Foundation. 

Dixon was a devoted husband and father who had a positive impact on many people from all walks of life. And although he loved a variety of pursuits linked with the outdoors, hunting turkeys was his true passion. Dixon was first diagnosed with an advanced form of colon cancer around 2000, and his health quickly suffered. When spring 2002 rolled around, Dixon's health was at its lowest point......""

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ltprod

I miss old bob alot!!

ltprod

He was a great man and a turkey killer!!!

J-Shaped

I had the privilege of getting to eat lunch with Bob many years ago and he was as good as they come. When they came out with the vests I bought one immediately. The vest is about as well-made as any I have ever come across and I've owned several over the years. A lot of thought was put into the design and materials used. Room for about anything you'd like to carry but not overkill like many of them on the market today.

As I continue to carry less and less into the woods with me nowadays, I don't wear it as often. I simply don't carry enough with me to utilize most of what it offers. But particularly in the early season before it warms up I've tried to make a tradition  of wearing it some and toting at least a bird or two out of the woods in the back of it. It was my good luck charm this spring to finally kick things into gear after a slow start to the season. I was trying to shake off the bad juju and threw my gear in it one night before the next morning's hunt. That next morning one got a ride in the back of it yet again  ;D

Even though I don't wear it that much these days, I wouldn't part with it at all.