OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Chatterbox and son's NH season in pics.......

Started by chatterbox, May 09, 2013, 04:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

First off, I want to thank all my great, great friends on this site. Some of my best friends reside here, and I have learned so, so much from all of you.
As you all know, it's been a long, tough spell for not only me, but for Harrison. We started our turkey hunting really together, as he was with me for the first longbeard I shot.
We have been together for our failures as well as successes, and through it all, neither of ever stopped believing in each other. I knew he would connect one day. My boy has the heart of a warrior, and on opening day of youth weekend, I had one of my proudest moments as a father. I was there when he shot his first longbeard.

Now finally my bird. He was a long time coming, but success is sweet!

It was the best season I have ever had. My season was complete when Harrison shot his gobbler. I know how hard he has worked, and dealt with frustrating season, after frustrating season.
There is nothing better than hearing your own child scream out after shooting his first tom," dad, I got him, I got him!!!!"
I have learned so much from all of you. Thank you for being there for both our success and failures.
To all of you still hunting, be safe, and have fun!

alloutdoors

guesswho

Seeing your and H's pictures made my season.  Good job to you both and keep on keeping on. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Onpoint

Congrats man. I hope y'all make many more memories like that over the years. Nothin better than that there.

Gold Spur

Congrats to the both of you on a great hunt..  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

spurman

Congregations to you both, some great memories for sure.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

DirtNap647

beagler

Never Misses

boomer

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

tomstopper

Jay

I'm real happy buddy that you both got your Toms this year. I know you've been a bit frustrated in the past, but that just makes you more appreciative of the good hunts when they happen. :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

congrats
making memories that will last a lifetime is what it's all about
it's not the harvest,it's the chase