OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help Setting Up New Gun

Started by mcharlton, March 08, 2011, 08:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcharlton

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 09, 2011, 09:10:48 PM
Quote from: mcharlton on March 08, 2011, 10:06:27 PM
Thanks buddy ... Now my next question ... Where's the best place to get a choke? (Is there a better place than Cabela's, etc?)
www.gameacc.net
you can also send progunner (aka Bill) on here a PM . he is the maker of Pure Gold

Sweet thanks for the heads up bro!! ... You guys are awesome!!

mcharlton

Im going to go ahead and order a Pure Gold .670 ... Thanks a ton guys.  Then I'll play around with some different Hevi Shot Loads, in both 3" and 3 1/2" ... But I'm really hoping to get a good pattern with the 3" to save myself the extra recoil of the 3 1/2"

mcharlton

Do you guys think I should try some 3" Hevishot Mag Blends & some Hevishot 3" #6's to start out with? ... Then if they don't pattern well enough step up to the 3 1/2"??

mcharlton

TTT ...

Ok one more question as well ... Before I order a Pure Gold .670 choke ... what do you guys think about the Hevishot Chokes? ... Better than PG? ... Worse? ... What should I go with??

ILIKEHEVI-13

I would shoot the 3.5" Hevi-13 2 and 1/4oz #7's if it were me.  Nothing will shoot with them from the factory. 

mcharlton

Thanks for the reply ... What about as far as choke goes ... Go with a Pure Gold or Hevi?? ...

Also ... Are the 3 1/2's going to kick the snot out of me? ... Browning BPS Invector+ NWTF 26" barrel