turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great season so far!

Started by ghillie, May 08, 2013, 10:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Started early April with a trip to SoDak with the one and only Al, aka Bird!  We arrived early enough to get an afternoon hunt in.  With in 30 minutes of setting up we were covered up in birds.  Al punches a double right off the bat with a pair trying to slip in behind us...

About an hour later, I had 4 longbeards surrounding my jake, two heads lined up just exactly perfect and I too shot a double!  Double doubles!!  Double your fun!!

carrying out 50 lbs of smiles!

The next day, Al punces another in the face...and lookie here!

Then Bob got into the action..

We woke to this the next day...

Then Iowa 1st season opener...my regular property was completely quiet so I scouted some public land a couple miles from the house...good thing I did! Opening day 26+lb double beard!

Iowa 4th season rolls around, went back to the property and got onto birds but they didn't want to cooperate, spent the day watching them and learning what they wanted to do.  The next morning, punched his ticket!  27+ lbs...another heavy weight!  Had a buggered up toe and some razors for spurs!

Then out west...no tag punch but lots of close encounters!

Then up to MN for a hunt with an OG member Muskie09...10.5 beard, 1 3/8 hooks, 22 lbs..great bird!

Still have two tags for NE left...heading back out west next week...life is GOOD!

alloutdoors

Congrats on a great season! Good luck with the remaining tags.

tomstopper

DirtNap647

trkycaller

boomer

Gold Spur

Congrats on some beautiful birds and awesome pics.. :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

beautiful pictures
congrats on some great birds
it's not the harvest,it's the chase