turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I'm envious

Started by Gawhitaker, May 08, 2013, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawhitaker

Of all you fellas still hunting, season ended for me last Sat.
We started with a bust in Mississippi, had a Great youth hunt in Arkansas, son killed two real good birds in two days, i got another good one the third day of regular season, was on birds every time we went out.
Then left for work in Idaho, got a two year old the first day off while here, and dummied up on a good one two days later, let him walk by at 6 steps, dewey grass had his beard stuck to his feathers, head was blue, i was convinced he was a jake so i cut eyes back in the direction the big un had been hammering from, when he gobbled right behind me i knew i had messed up. Mr Turkey Hunter Extraordinaire. Ha
Wouldn't take anything for the experiance.
Feel really blessed, know some real good hunters that had a uneventfull season.
I make wingbones and use then a lot with success, but i Can't close without tipping my hat to Pappy, that killer keg tube call he makes is all turkey and can be the game changer in the woods!
Certainly dont wish anything but the best of hunts to all, just wish i was with you fellas still hunting!!

coyotetrpr

I will second that. Season ended in Mo on sunday and the weather finally broke on Monday. Had some success but I feel I left a lot out there.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

redarrow

I'm jonesing big time too. My season ended 3 hours and 40 minutes after I sat down on opening morning. April 22nd.

Gawhitaker

Wonder if part of the reason we look forward to it so much is that it's over so quick. If i was to play and win the loto i'd hunt from the earliest opening day till the last closing day for sure.

DirtNap647

seems like it takes so long to get here and then blink your eyes its over

Gold Spur

Greg, my hats off to you and Clayton for a great season. You guys took some awesome birds. Now we can spend the rest of the year on OG and getting ready for next season.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!