turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

saw my first beared hen today

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, May 08, 2013, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

As I was walking back to the truck on a old logging road  out of no where this bearded hen comes to the middle of the road. It looked right at me and kinda acted spooky. I just sat a still as possibble . When she looked the other way I raised my rifle up and and she starts walking towards me . Got about 15 yds from I just sat there and watched her in my scope for about a minute. Then she new something was up and off she went. She had about a 3 inch beard. Hopefully next year there will be some more bearded hens running around now. She was a big bird.

earlybird

I saw one last weekend with about a 6 or 7"beard,usually see at least one every year around here.

va wingbone

A   RIFLE!?!  :o lol I'm kiddin, bearded hens are cool, I've seen two but season wasn't in either time.love to have one mounted
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

DirtNap647

WV TURKEY THUG

Va I no I just started using it yesterday. After I had a big one hang up about 60 yds. So I decided to use the rifle for a few days. I've been hunting big woods here the past few days so its pretty open lol.

va wingbone

i how much of pain that is, i bear hunt on the VA /WVA  line and be up a couple of springs and let me tell you mountain Turkeys are a whole different animal than what I'm used to. When its fly down time, they fly DOWN or WAY up. Lol
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

WV TURKEY THUG

Yea they sure do today I.setup down in a bollard were they usually go had 1 a gobbling but the owls shut him up or something and on way back to truck on top of hill I see 3 jakes a bearded hen and some gas well person said he.saw two long beards strutting in the middle of the road just my luck.