OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thanks Wendell for the extra Boost....pappy GOT THE SOUND FILES ON NOW

Started by pappy, May 08, 2013, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Here is the NEW and IMPROVED Killer Keg....this one is made from Stabilized Spalted Maple that has been double dyed in blue and red....the Baffle is removable and thanks to Wendell NOW ADJUSTABLE. It will increase the length of the tube by an extra inch give or take depending on how much you pull it out. The lanyard is glued to the Baffle and the Baffle is double o-ringed to prevent it from coming loose, you have to apply pretty good pressure to move it....so here she is the New 2014 season Killer Keg.......pappy

turn your volume way up I haven't got the volume right yet.
"http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s0Zuo2lNSIGA&autoplay=0"
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Turkey Trot

What are the pros and cons of that call versus other snuffcan type calls?

How hard is it to master?

I'd love to see some video of how it works if you can get someone to do it.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

SS Calls

pappy

Like any call, practice is the key to success. Where the snuffcan from K&H has a concaved lip stop where mine do not, I believe the quarter moon shape of the latex is important and feel that the concave would deduct some of the latex's ability to pick up air movement and reduce the vibrato of the call. I will try to do a video myself and post it here tonight.
tel...573-380-8206

pappy

I have tried every thing in the book, but I just cannot get my stuff to upload, tried it on facebook but won't do .wma tried you tube but time out....how in the world do you do a sound bite?
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Pappy

Since I am on your pro staff please send that Killer Keg to me for field testing !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

pappy

Quote from: vaturkey on May 08, 2013, 08:35:59 PM

Pappy

Since I am on your pro staff please send that Killer Keg to me for field testing !  :icon_thumright:

OK big boy, as long as you record playing it...LOL  BUT you might ought to get Barry to do that!!!!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
tel...573-380-8206

Wingboneman

Pappy make me one and I will buy it and make you a nice video of it and post it. I can run one with the best of them..  ;D

pappy

Quote from: Wingboneman on May 08, 2013, 09:45:06 PM
Pappy make me one and I will buy it and make you a nice video of it and post it. I can run one with the best of them..  ;D
ok, they sell for three thousand.........
tel...573-380-8206

dreis3

Pappy... Try vocaroo.com for a sound file. Super easy to use.

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Wingboneman

Quote from: pappy on May 08, 2013, 09:46:59 PM
Quote from: Wingboneman on May 08, 2013, 09:45:06 PM
ok, they sell for three thousand.........
:o :o

lightsoutcalls

So were you able to get a varied sound by moving the inner piece in or out?  That is some wild looking camo in that wood...  ;)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: pappy on May 08, 2013, 07:54:47 PM
I have tried every thing in the book, but I just cannot get my stuff to upload, tried it on facebook but won't do .wma tried you tube but time out....how in the world do you do a sound bite?

Del uses Photobucket for a video and Joe Slaton used youtube.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,4982.0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th5ddMmgm0Q
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

pappy

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on May 09, 2013, 10:28:51 AM
So were you able to get a varied sound by moving the inner piece in or out?  That is some wild looking camo in that wood...  ;)
Can't tell a lot of difference, maybe a bit more directional, but what I liked was the ability to position my primary hand in a way that allowed for a better grip and cupping.
tel...573-380-8206

pappy

Hot Dog I think I got it, but you'll have to turn your volume way up to hear it, haven't figured out my volume on this end, there isn't any adjustment knob on my mike.

"http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s0Zuo2lNSIGA&autoplay=0"
tel...573-380-8206