OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Roosting birds at midnight?

Started by BlakeJ, May 08, 2013, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calebb

I've heard birds gobble at 1 or 2 am at an owl hoot. Its definitely not impossible, that said I don't think you can discount any spot that you didn't get a response. I don't see how it would hurt to try if you were already awake and driving by there any how.

DirtNap647

i personally have not heard a bird gobble after a half hour after dark mayb possible but its hard to believe

WV TURKEY THUG

I don't think ill believe it till I see a video or personaly see it myself. Never heard a bid gobble at fork they always stopped at dark and I've listened to a lot of turkeys more than I can count. At a place I was working last year right before dark there would be 15 to 20 turkeys gobbling around me and not one of them gobbled after dark and I worked till midnight . I was a security gaurd so I was the only one there so no noises to scare them or anything. Man I wish I could hunt there but the guy don't allow people to hunt hes one of them guys that wants to ban guns and hunting.  I always wanted to sneak on that guys property and shoot one of them I mean heck one turkey ain't hurting anything.. Man I hate people like that guy he has no common sense.

stinkpickle

I've heard Rios down in Texas sound off WAY after dark.  It could be fun.

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

WV TURKEY THUG

Ga I've actually tried this about every night I worked. Maybe the just don't gobble at dark in wv. How would a bird sleep if he gobbles in the day and night. I would think it would be hard because all the gobblers would be waking each other up and I'm sure the hens wouldn't sleep very much either. I just can't imagine roosting a bird at midnight

GobbleNut

I have had a person or two tell me that they have heard turkeys gobble in the middle of the night.  However, I think your time would be better served to get some sleep and get up early enough to try your roosting tactics beginning at the first hint of daybreak.  I have often heard birds gobble an hour before sunrise.  I think spending the same amount of time that you would spend during the middle of the night, and doing so early in the morning, is a much more effective use of your time.