turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Roosting birds at midnight?

Started by BlakeJ, May 08, 2013, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

Headed to the lease tomorrow night, but we won't get there til around midnight. I've roosted birds once at midnight, but that was the only time I've tried. Does it work often?

RutnNStrutn

I wouldn't think so, but you never know.

TRKYHTR

It don't hurt to try but with hardly no moon I am skeptical.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

va wingbone

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

coyotetrpr

If you are going to be out there at midnight and locating turkeys why not go ahead and tag out.lol :fud: Just kiddin, what technique would a guy use to locate that late without spooking?
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

beagler

Better off getting a good nights sleep.
Never Misses

WV TURKEY THUG

I've never even heard of any roosting birds at midnight. But I guess its possible. Id say go out there and try it.

tomstopper

va wingbone

i once busted a gang of gobblers while coon hunting one fall, went back the next morning and set up and killed a Longbeard and bobcat when the started getting back together. If he's henned up on the roost and you do bump him he might not be henned up in the morning ;)
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

WV TURKEY THUG

I've heard of people seeing turkeys while coonhunting. Here in wv

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: va wingbone on May 08, 2013, 10:07:24 PM
If he's henned up on the roost and you do bump him he might not be henned up in the morning ;)

I like this ideal!!!

whaler

Did it work the first time you roosted at midnight?  :blob10:

Dray223

At camp one night, it was thundering and i swore i heard a turkey gobble, but brushed it off a s a dream. Then my buddy asked if i heard it. We stepped outside and everytime it would thunder this bird would gobble. This was at 1 or 2 in the morning. Needless to say, we killed the bird 5 hours later.

BlakeJ

Hang on, I'm not talking about stomping through the woods all night. I'm talking about stopping on the road on a few good spots on our way back in to the camp, killing the truck for a few minutes and hitting the owl call. Like I said, I did it once and it worked.