turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some awesome Turkey pics

Started by longbeard11, May 08, 2013, 09:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Pulled my camera card in one of my cameras Saturday after our great hunt.  This camera is on a big oak flat just down a big point from where turkeys have been roosting consistently.  This place is absolutely torn up with scratching and knew I was going to have some good pics of turkeys and a few strutters.  We actually heard 6-8 different gobblers along with some jakes roosted in this bowl around where my camera is.  These are some of my favorite pics I have ever got, especially the first one and the last one.  First one is just beautiful, two big ol gobblers with thick beards gonna fight it out.  The Last is my good buddy Nathan standing proud with his turkey's feet sticking out of the back of his vest after our hunt on Saturday, cool pic! Hope you guys enjoy.

Zachariah1548

lunghit

Great pics! Thanks for posting them.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

trkycaller

deerhunt1988

Yeah, they tend to scratch where you throw corn out.

RemingtonRules

longbeard11

That area is a known feeding a stutting area anyways, that is why I chose that area for my camera in the first place.  I get pics there daily of turkeys when there is nothing out.  Its a huge oak and beech flat right below a roosting area and right above a huge field, they travel through that area all day long on and off.  When I went in there a month before turkey season there was more scratching in there than I had ever seen.  I put the camera up and threw some cracked corn out just so I could get some good pics in there.  That is the only time this year I put any corn in that area, just did it to take a survey of what I had on my farm, turned out getting a good feel for what I had and got some great pics as a result.  Glad you guys liked them.

lightsoutcalls

Whooo!  That last one was one ugly turkey.  ;D
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

longbeard11

haha yeah lightsout.  Thats my buddy, he was a proud hunter that day packing out his very first longbeard.  That was a good day!

whaler

Mmmmm Fresh corn. Pics 1,4,5,6,7,8,9.

longbeard11

What exactly is wrong with spreading corn in the offseason to get good pics? Not quite understanding the point here?

tomstopper

Nothing wrong with it at all. I do the same thing in the OFFSEASON (& stop 2 months before season starts)..... Nice pics......

RutnNStrutn

Absolutely nothing!! As long as you follow state rules, it is fine in my opinion. Whether its that, your hunting style, or shooting a jake, whatever, I say, if its legal and ethical, and it makes you happy, then go for it! Others might not do the same, but if you're within the law, and happy, have at it. That's my opinion!

longbeard11

totally agree.  We feed on one of our big farms heavy up until about 2 weeks before the season and then we remove it.  In these particular pics I had taken corn in and put it out in that area 10 days before our season started, which is our law, it has to be gone 10 days before you hunt it.  In my case I couldnt hunt that are until the weekend so it had been 15 days before I hunted it.  I do not hunt over it, but I definitely supplimental feed along with food plot on my farms.  I put the corn out simply to get get pics of strutters in the area and thats the only reason.  It worked, Im very happy with it. 

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions