OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally, the monkey is off my back!!

Started by chatterbox, May 08, 2013, 05:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Well guys, I finally connected after along dry spell!
I was setup along a snowmobile trail off a field where I know the turkeys have been using to get back and forth between the woods. I had hunted this small field on Monday, and had 3 gobblers hammering, but none would come to the field.
So, on Tuesday, I went in wayyyy early and got setup right off the field. It was a long morning, with no action. I called every 45 min or so, and heard nothing.
Around quarter to 10, I hit my call, and a gobbler hammered off about 200 yards away off a powerline. I hit him again, and he responded!
Game on......
I waited,and he was a coming! I finally heard him running through the woods, and got a glmpse of him. He kept coming. Once he went behind a tree I got my gun up, and safety off. He stepped from behind the tree, and I let the 835 eat, sending a load of Hevi 7's his way. He dropped in his tracks at 25 yards!
Thrilling, thrilling hunt! His official weigh in stats were: 18.5 lbs, 9" beard, and a set of 3/4" spurs.
I was soooo excited! It ws a beautiful day, and I had a blast! Been a long time since I stood on a long beard's neck!

troutfisher13111

Congrats! Now take my monkey that's on my back right now.

captin_hook

Preacher

Romans 8:37

Mike Honcho

Nice job congrats!   Hate those dry spells!

DirtNap647

slamman

stinkpickle

trkycaller

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Zachariah1548

Flydown

Congrats Mike! That's the way to lay the hate! Good stuff buddy!!!!!!!!!

Gold Spur

Congrats, and enjoy the moment! It's always a good feeling to get the monkey off your back. I've got to carry that sucker around till next year.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

tomstopper

RutnNStrutn

Congrats man!! :icon_thumright:
Glad you got that :emoticon-animal-005: off of your back!! ;D