OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quality Waterproof Gear?

Started by TuckyBoy, May 07, 2013, 08:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TuckyBoy

Any suggestions on some quality waterproof turkey gear. I have some waterproof gear but is all winter stuff. Price isn't as much an issue as quality, rather buy the good stuff once.

redarrow

I have a set of  Rocky rain gear, that I really like. It does get a touch warm with the liner and all.

Dbrnmllr

Gamehide.  If they say its a 5 on the waterproof scale you could count on it in a hurricane!  Good stuff all around.

coyotetrpr

I have a set of frog togs and they will keep you dry. They might be a little fragile, but I have sat in solid rain for 5 hours straight and the dirt on my pants underneath was still dusty. :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Zachariah1548

I have been doing a ton of research on that subject because I'm leaving next Friday for a bear hunt in Canada and the guy told us to bring rubber boots and some good rain gear. The two that sounded the best to me we're Sitka and core4 element. I ended up buying the core4 torrent pant and jacket. It is very lightweight and extremely waterproof. If you are not in a big hurry check out camofire.com they have a line up of great deals everyday. After I bought mine from the c4 web sight they were on camofire for 40 % off.  I've seen them on there several times along with some other nice rainwear. Hope this helped.

DirtNap647

Wingbone

Me and my buddies have all gone to the Natural Gear rain suit. I think it's made by Trails End. Very rain proof and comfortable. Very quiet and very durable which are two qualities that are hard to find in rain gear.
In Hoc Signo Vinces