turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Terrible day in & out of the turkey woods

Started by tomstopper, May 06, 2013, 01:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Yesterday morning I was hunting on my wife's grandmothers property & had birds gobbling all around me. At about 8:45 two jakes came in and I passed on them. At 10:15 I had a gobbler going crazy and was headed to my position. He was about 150 yds away (straight uphill) when I heard a shotgun blast. I grabbed my stuff and ran right up the hill and seen a man stuffing a very nice gobbler in his vest. Because no body is supposed to on this private/posted land, I yelled to him. He took off running over the hill & I tried to keep up but to no avail (just not as young & fit as I once was). I got a good look at him & I hope I see him again one day.
Now I was pissed & was going to hit a new location this morning. Alarm rings, & I get around. As I am getting in my truck to leave, I look at my wife's vehicle & see a hub cap laying on the sidewalk next to it. I walk up to the front of the vehicle only to see that someone did a hit & run on it last night. Grill is smashed along with the hood, front fender, headlight, & the hit it so hard that the tire was flat & the rim bent. Needless to say I did not go hunting. I cant get out there until Thursday & Friday. By then I will be so glad just to sit out there and take in Gods beauty. I am getting off my soap box now & thanks for letting me vent........

contagious

That's very BAD.!!Not only did he trespass and steal your bird,But the thought of getting shot is never good,he has no idea where you are and probly does not care.!!!!!!!!!!!

Sampsta

just another scumbag...that can give us all a bad name....glad to see it wont get you down...keep the faith!!!

captin_hook

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

been there and done that with the trespasser,not a good thing for sure
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gold Spur

Man that sucks big time. Best of luck to you Thursday and Friday.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!