Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Doubled up with CamoMan

Started by RaspyD, May 06, 2013, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaspyD

My old huntin' partner the CamoMan and I doubled up this morning on three birds that have been giving us fits all season.  This morning was our 5th time hunting these birds and our plan finally came together.  We sat up on these birds that have been roosting in an island of trees in the middle of a field every morning that we have tried to work them.  We were able to use the cover of the foliage that has finally appeared to get within 60 to 75 yards of the three birds on the roost.  We sat up in a fence line thicket next to a big oak that bordered the field.  The birds were gobbling great on the roost and I made a couple soft tree yelps that were met with gobbles.  They continued to hammer away for a good 15 minutes before they took turns flying down to the middle of the field only 45 yards away from our set up.  One more soft yelp and they began moving from left to right and heading in our direction.  When they got directly in front of us and we were both on a bird I counted 1-2-and then a boom boom from our twin Remington 20 gauges and we had 2 birds flopping at 28 yards shortly after 6:00 a.m.  CamoMan, being the great guy that he is, kindly let me shoot the bigger of the two for the team. ;)

CamoMan and RaspyD

Perfection Turkey Calls

Jay

:icon_thumright: Good job. Sounds like you guys had a fun hunt.

ncturkey

Way to go guys. Congrat's to both of ya.