Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My 7 year old Step-Son's First Turkey(pic added down below)

Started by turkeyhunter91, May 05, 2013, 09:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

My Step-son and I were set up in the blind about 6:00 this morning, for the last day of the ky season, At 6:25 I heard a bird start to gobble over the bank after a little calling I could tell he was coming in, so I set his gun up on the tripod we made for him to help him shoot, and he got ready. The turkey came into about 33 yards,then he shot him. After the shot the real fun began, he was jumping three foot off the ground, and I know that everyone in 3 surrounding counties could hear him hollering, he was so excited,haha This was the first hunt that he has actually got to shoot. He looked at me and said he had two people to thank for such a good hunt. God and me for taking him, that is when we noticed a rainbow across the hill. His mother and I are so proud of him so it was a good thing that it was a cool morning we hauled it around for 3 hours to show it off to everyone. We took it to the taxidermist this evening to get it mounted for him,it weighed 21 pounds and 2 ounces, 10 inch beard, 1 inch spurs. I believe this was most exciting hunt I have been on in a very long time. pic added below, sorry i had to crop it so small to make it fit.

slamman

congrats and god bless your step son.  post some pictures

doublebarrel

Gawhitaker

That is a very impressive thunder chicken for the young fella, tell him Congrats from Arkansas, was wondering what the hollaring was about i heard down here. Ha. Nothing like the unadulterated excitement of youth. They sure grow up fast, sounds like he is on the right track for sure, world would be a better if more folks were thankfull to the Almighty.

El Pavo Grande

tomstopper

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

headbanger

captin_hook