turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Season is winding down

Started by Shellwaster, May 05, 2013, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellwaster

Here in Georgia we only have 10 days left of the season and it is getting down right tough. My season started on fire with a bird the second day and has been up hill from there. Due to work I haven't been able to burn any vacation time chasing birds like I had planned but that's how it goes at times.  Been at it every weekend except one and it has flown by. I was on a quest to get a couple of good friends of mine on birds and had several good hunts with close calls but it just wasn't meant to be. I've been on several memorable hunts and have learned something new on every hunt. I have learned humility every which way possible.
We got 3.6" of rain from Friday night to this afternoon and when the sun broke I hit the 100 acres by my house without so much as a peep but it beats being cooped up inside. I'll do my best to get a morning hunt in this week and maybe Saturday morning but have a Jakes day event Saturday starting at 10 am, I don't know who's bright idea that was but it wasn't mine.
I hope everyone else's season has been as eventful or better than mine. I appreciate what God has allowed me to enjoy this season thus far and look forward to the next.