turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kentucky Feet?

Started by guesswho, May 05, 2013, 06:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I just got back from Kentucky.  This is the second year in a row that I killed a bird with nasty looking legs and feet.  Both were killed in the same area.  My buddy who lives there say's he's never killed one there like these two.  First picture is this years gobbler, second picture is last year's.  Any idea's on either?

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dirtnap

That's strange.  Never seen that before.  Almost looks like it was bitten by a poisonous snake.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

renegade19

I know in many parts of Kentucky they have one leg longer than the other due to walking sidehill all the time.  Don't have a clue about those legs...........

slamman

what is up with that?  looks like you have a foot fetish.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Onpoint

I live in western Kentucky and I've never killed anything quite like that, but I have killed a couple that had a huuuuge infected middle toe. I was thinking a snake bite maybe, but who knows. That's crazy. Never seen anything Quite like that.

MouthCaller

Ive killed 4-5 long beards in bell co ky right by the tn and va state lines and Ive never seen anything like that.... pretty nasty looking  :z-dizzy:

Okiehntr12

Post up on the turkey biology and management forum. They may be able to help. If they do let us know I'm curious.

El Pavo Grande

No answer here, but congrats on another one!!!

TRKYHTR

Thats nasty. Do you kill all the nasty ones. LOL I think it is leg rot. Or a bad case of athletes foot. Avian Pox.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Michigander

Back in 98 I killed a bird here in MI like that. He was an old bird that we had been after for several years, so I thought it might have been from a combination of old age and a ruff winter. Never seen anything like it since.

tomstopper

Nasty but Congrats on another bird anyways.....

Spring_Woods

That is weird!
The spur on the one I killed in ky this year was wore off infected looking.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

bigredneck61088

I'm thinking snakebite maybe? Keep us posted if you find out, I'm intrigued

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647