turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbler #2 of the season down in ohio!

Started by bigredneck61088, May 05, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredneck61088

After a rough out of state hunt in Indiana, with two misses and then finally killing a super Jake on the last day, I came back to Ohio. I went to the new farm I hunted two days before I left with no luck.

Checked the camera and had two long beards and a Jake on camera but mostly afternoon pics. I didn't hear any fly up either. The alarm went off yesterday morning and I got out right at dawn.... later than I liked and was unmotivated. Setup was a killer b/Jake fan with two hens, and the pullstring for the fan.

All of a sudden around 7am I heard a distant gobble and thought it was across the road. He kept hammering several times and was souding closer but still a ways off. I cut and yelped aggressively and he gobbled three times, so I shut it. Approximately a few minutes later, I see him at full strut 300 yards away.

He then went to the low spot in the field so I cut real hard and he hammered. He moved to the rise 100 yards away and strutted back and forth. I then pulled the fan for the killer bee, and he half strutted all the way to the decoys. He wasn't happy with a Jake pimping his hens.... 20 yards smoked him with a 9 1/2 inch beard, 1 1/4 spurs, and 24 pounds! He is one of the birds on trail camera with his thick beard. Og represent in ohio

Bird strutting pic moments before his demise....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bigredneck61088

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TRKYHTR

Thats a THICK beard. Congrats on a nice gobbler.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

AUDoubleBeard

DirtNap647

trkycaller

alloutdoors

beagler

Never Misses

gophert

Congrats on a nice one!

sent from Tim's Tweaked Out Evo