Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Being Mighty in Face of Adversity for the Lord....5/5/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, May 05, 2013, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

When I was a kid growing up I loved horror films, especially the old Wolfman and Dracula ones...I'd watch them and then hide under the covers till I went to sleep..listening to the wind howl like a wolf, seeing shadows in the form of a vampire bat fly across the walls, I let my imagination take over my real world. As an adult, I know the difference between "real" adversities and "imaginary" ones and what to do about them....when it comes to Spiritual Warfare! I take my stand in the Name of The Lord ! Often times not the popular decision but always the right one...Look at a few of King David's Mighty Men and their examples....in 2nd Samuel 23.

These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshebeth a Tahchemonite; he was chief of the three.  He wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he killed at one time.  And next to him among the three mighty men was Eleazar the son of Dodo, son of Ahohi. He was with David when they defied the Philistines who were gathered there for battle, and the men of Israel withdrew.  He rose and struck down the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clung to the sword. And the Lord brought about a great victory that day, and the men returned after him only to strip the slain.   And next to him was Shammah, the son of Agee the Hararite. The Philistines gathered together at Lehi, where there was a plot of ground full of lentils, and the men fled from the Philistines.  But he took his stand in the midst of the plot and defended it and struck down the Philistines, and the Lord worked a great victory.
WOW what Valor what bravery what defiance in the face of adversity! These men stood their ground, for God, not for SELF honor not for SELF glory but for Gods Glory! In today's world when some are asked if they are Christians they bow their heads and mumble a sad, sad yeah....when the popular vote says it is ok to kill innocent babies through abortion, many "Christians" bow their heads and say, well I can't do anything about it....when the Devil himself rises armies of false religions, flooding our  country with ungodly cults that want no more then to eradicate the "infidels", some bow their heads and say "to each their own"....WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TAKE A STAND?   Issues face us as Believers every single day, some small, some not so small, but if we do not learn from our Biblical forefathers anything more then to stand when others would run, we are going to face adversity on our backs, and fail to please God, through our Faithlessness.
Look at Shammah...man he stood his ground over a measly acre of peas......we would take note that it is not what we are fighting over, but who we are fighting and who we are fighting for! I want my Grandchildren to grow up in a world where Christianity is strong, so they could have some where to turn to in times of grief and trouble. But if we continue to tuck our tails when we should be taking a stand....I am afraid that world will never be. I ask you this, have you ever sat down and wrote a letter to your Congress about issues you know is against God's will? Have you voiced your Christian opinion lately and loudly about abortion, same sex marriages, cult religions infiltrating our country or whatever comes up so others around you will know that you are taking a stand for God? We as Americans fight for our right to bear arms, to smoke in public, to seek out our religious freedoms and other things that our Constitution guarantees, so why not take a stand for what God desires of His own?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TnTurk

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Vaturkey