News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for H.S. Strut Black Magic aluminum pot call

Started by barry, May 04, 2013, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

CallDr

The simple history is HS copied my Carolina Classic pot and after some efforts they stopped production in 1998.

The good news is the Carolina Classic pot ( still going strong for over 20 years ) is still in the WildTalker Game Calls line and will have an aluminum call for next season. The hold up is basically the coating or finish which is still in it's R&D stage. As we all know while aluminum produces some awesome sounds, it has striker and slipping issues. Plus to human and not actually turkeys...... it's metallic sound is something I hope to calm down.

They do pop up on eBay from time to time so that maybe a place to keep checking. The BM is a great call even though HS did not have the rights to produce and sell them.

www.wildtalker.com

barry

Thanks Mike!
I'll tell my brother, he loves that call

Tom Dooley

I have one of these and love it. Have used it for years. Mike, I could not find the Carolina Classic on your site.

CallDr

The Carolina Classic pot and Lightning Rod striker are going through some small changes and what I did have sold out at the Nationals.

www.wildtalker.com

n2deer

Man I gave one away a few months ago. Wish I had known then.

mspaci

its a good call, have called up a ton of birds w/ it & the carbon tipped striker.  Mike

mspaci

By the way, I picked it up at walleyworld on a clearance rack for like $5

Tommythreetoes

Quote from: n2deer on May 05, 2013, 07:35:40 PM
Man I gave one away a few months ago. Wish I had known then.

Thank you n2deer.   A couple of toms fell to that call this spring.   :smiley-char092:

mspaci

let us know when the new caller is ready, i will get one,  Mike

econo

Barry, you still looking for 1 these? I think I have one that I hardly ever used.
May God bless you all

Turkey Trot

Quote from: CallDr on May 04, 2013, 08:20:48 PM
The BM is a great call even though HS did not have the rights to produce and sell them.

What right of exclusivity do you contend that you had that precluded them from making and selling the Black Magic?

In other words, did you have a patent?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

Interestingly, I was out with a friend this weekend that broke out a Black Magic that he has had for years.  It has a synthetic pot and was tough to condition and run IMO.  I've heard much better aluminum pots. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter