OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out NY

Started by milertyme03, May 04, 2013, 01:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milertyme03

Hi all.  Set out this year with a goal to tag out on long beards which I have never done before.  After passing on five Jakes on opening day I finished the job at 5:45 this morning.  Here is a gobbler from may 2nd in his final resting place.  Got it done with DSD and first year using dead ringer sights which have performed very well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

alloutdoors

WNY Bowhunter

Congrats!!!  I had an awesome hunt this morning too... :icon_thumright:! Lots of NY birds have died over the past 4 days.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

troutfisher13111

Awesome! I am struggling so far this year.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

milertyme03

I took the first week of may off.  The weather has been beautiful and lots of gobbling.  Couldn't ask for a better week.  The bird I got this morning was a 5 min walk behind my house.  I was surprised because I had been seeing him frequently in April and once season started he disappeared and a group of Jakes moved in.  Last evening I saw 2 hens one of them with a beard cross the road and had not seen a bearded hen lately.  Figured they were a different group of birds and hoped they had  tom with them.  Looks like they did. 

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

beagler

Never Misses

captin_hook

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats. Hope to get my first of the season tomorrow morning.....

boomer

trkycaller

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

slamman