OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wal-Mart Magic on Turkey Items

Started by R AJ, May 04, 2013, 09:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

I went to the Bay Minette store yesterday to get some mark down items after season went out and guess what I found?

My luck for the year has not changed. There was nothing but empty shelves; no calls, shells, vests,cammoed gear, not a thing.

As far as calls and shells they didn't have much left anyway so they probably did me a favor but I have always seen a few items marked down. Vests were virtually untouched at the end of season.Deer stuff is still there.

Lesson learned - If you don't get it while it's there you may not get it period.

redarrow

The powers that be at Wal Marts in Michigan must not have a clue as to how bid a deal turkey hunting is.Wal Mart sucks as far as turkey stuff is concerned.Haven't see a W/M in Mi. yet that seems to have a clue. Once in awhile you might find a camo shot gun. Always tons of fishing stuff though.

RickC

It's the same with the Walmarts around here. They have it in their minds that there's very few turkey hunters, and even fewer waterfowl hunters, around this area. Loooots of fishing gear, but then we live next to one of the largest lakes in the state.

Rick
Blessings,
Rick

DirtNap647

ya seems walmart has some turkey stuff and what they do have most have no use for

catman529

Not much left at my walmart, but it's all on clearance. I did get a new pair of cargo pants (badly needed) and L/S polyester shirt with front pocket, both are Mossy Oak Obsession, good looking camo for after green-up which is when I will use it in the future. Only ever used Realtree AP/Hardwoods, really don't care much about what type of camo, but the Mossy Oak does look good to me. I almost picked up a fanny pack thing but all the pockets were designed for different types of calls, and I want one that I can just throw my gear in since I usually carry a couple calls around my neck. gobbler loungers sold out weeks ago at full price, otherwise I would want one too.

bubbaboy

our wally world never has turkey hunting stuff,this year they had like 3 vest.the store an hour away has had alot in the past.i asked the mngr one time why they dont have turkey hunting stuff she said they dont get a say in it.boy are they missing the boat

WV TURKEY THUG

Same here at my local walmart they had a few pod calls at full price the looked like junk and one boxcall. But I will never buy calls from walmart after I bought a slate and the striker had little tiny chip in the end of it. It was the last one they had and they wouldn't take it back for some reason can't remember the reason now. Stillgot the striker.

zeke632

Wal Mart sporting goods sucks. Not to many years ago they had pretty decent selection of hunting stuff, turkey hunting gear included.  Not the case now.  We limit our Wal-Mart shopping to groceries and don't even waste time looking at the sporting goods section.

ElkTurkMan

I used to clean up at our Wal MArt hear in Conyers, GA.  I would get great deals on calls and clothing on clearance every spring.  I guess they got smart and realized they weren't selling that much of the stuff and scaled way back.  Now they don't even carry half the stuff they used to and what they do carry they don't mark down at all at seasons end.  O'h well it was nice while it lasted.

WV TURKEY THUG

The few calls they have left are at full price here to. But yet they have some fishing stuff marked down

Neill_Prater

I suspect you can blame this on computerization. Walmarts used to have tons of leftover seasonal items, and great markdowns. I'm guessing they have reduced their buying so as to have little to no merchandise left over.