OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hitting them hard today

Started by troutfisher13111, May 04, 2013, 04:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Today is the second day I get to hunt after Wednesdays opener. I gained 2 new spots yesterday, both have a good number of turkey. I am not gonna try and work a bird today. Instead I am going to find one who wants to dance his last dance. Four spots, six hours. Gonna be fun

Spring Creek Calls

Good luck with the new spots.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

tomstopper

DirtNap647

troutfisher13111

Well, no bird today. First thing this morning I had 4 different toms answering my calls and acting interested. All of a sudden the woods lit up with coyotes. First time I have heard this kind of coyote talk during daylight hours. You would have thought it was late night, it sounded like a whole pack hunting. Needless to say after that, the woods got silent. So, I packed it up quickly and headed to one of my new spots.

I got 3 birds fired up instantly at this spot. The were with hens though, and after about 45 minutes of playing the girls left and took the boys with them. After that I tried two other spots without even a gobble.

I am anxious to get out again in the morning.

WV TURKEY THUG

I hate coyotes . I was working one on the first week. And everytime I would yelp with my mouthcall one would start making noises. Screwed me up. But I think I took care of her a few days after. But sorry to hear they screwed u up to. I no how u feel. But everytime I get some to respond I just try to call them in . If I can get to a spot were the wind is in my favor. I've called a few in the last couple of years mostly with cottaintail distress though. But some with turkey calls.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

troutfisher13111

This is the first time in 20 years that I have heard multiple dogs go off like that during daylight. >:(

milertyme03

Keep at it Trout the hardest part is finding spots that have Toms.  Now you have confirmed Gobblers on the property so its just a matter of connecting.  I have been getting lots of coyote pics on trail cam.  Also,  I have been hearing a lot of owls during the day which I thought kinda odd as well.  Let us know when you get the big one.

WV TURKEY THUG

They might of been some pups with there mom I think this time of year they are still together. There easy to call in this time of year. Especailly around fall when there on there own. after turkey season I would go after the yotes. The other day I put the lead to one female close to a denning site. The next morning I went back a heard what sounder Like 6 or 7 different yotes just carrying on about 400 or 500 yds from where I got her. There was no gobbling around them. I always atleast here 1 bird in this area. But goodluck this season. Hope you get them yotes also