OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Utah birds are cranked up now!!!

Started by Turkeyman11, May 04, 2013, 12:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyman11

Just wondering if anybody else is hunting the Utah general season?  I've been on three hunts in three days and bagged three birds in about an hour and a half total.  I killed my bird on Thursday and had four gobblers to choose from.  I'll post pics later.  How's everybody else doing?

hobbes

Congrats!  Looking forward to photos. 

socalturkeyman

Good to hear congrats! Were you in that areas we talked about earlier in the season?
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Turkeyman11

All of those areas we spoke of have birds this year and access is good everywhere.

socalturkeyman

I heard,I talk to Nate with the forest service and he said its pretty easy to go anywhere out there. Looking forward to getting out there.Im thinking of going during the week Monday through thrusday (20th through 24th). You got any advice for campsites?
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

slamman

Quote from: Turkeyman11 on May 04, 2013, 12:14:44 AM
Just wondering if anybody else is hunting the Utah general season?  I've been on three hunts in three days and bagged three birds in about an hour and a half total.  I killed my bird on Thursday and had four gobblers to choose from.  I'll post pics later.  How's everybody else doing?

hmmm sounds like a good hunt I believe I might add a hunt in Utah next year.  can't wait to read the stories and see the pic's.  I'm headed down to Southern Arizona tomorrow to help a friend on his Gould's hunt and hopefully his first turkey.

Turkeyman11

Oh ya.  Goulds are next on my hit list.  Good luck!