OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot Choke Sale

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, May 03, 2013, 11:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

For those guys thinking about buying a Hevi-Shot choke for one of your guns, you may want to buy from here.  Those are priced pretty good.

http://allaboutshooting.com/index.php?cPath=81

howl

How do those do with a couple ounces of lead sixes? I'm thinking about a choke to do both Hevi and lead.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I haven't shot any of those chokes yet.  I have a Rem Hevi-Shot .662 choke.  But I just had back surgery, so it's gonna be awhile before I do.  Clark on here says that these chokes shoot very well in his guns with Hevi-Shot loads of 3" 2oz #6's.  And he's got a lot of them.  And Clark is a honest man.   I would say the Moss 835 Hevi-Shot choke should really hum since it has the exact same choke diameter as my old Star Dot choke.  But choke diamter is only a part of the equation and internal geometery plays a huge role like Clarke will tell you.  I would bet money all these chokes since they were designed specifically for Hevi-13 loads will shoot very well.  I would only think that that during the making of these chokes in the sample testing phase that they made the internal and picked the best choke diameter to make Hevi-13 shoot its best in each gun. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 04, 2013, 10:35:38 AM
Well I haven't shot any of those chokes yet.  I have a Rem Hevi-Shot .662 choke.  But I just had back surgery, so it's gonna be awhile before I do.  Clark on here says that these chokes shoot very well in his guns with Hevi-Shot loads of 3" 2oz #6's.  And he's got a lot of them.  And Clark is a honest man.   I would say the Moss 835 Hevi-Shot choke should really hum since it has the exact same choke diameter as my old Star Dot choke.  But choke diamter is only a part of the equation and internal geometery plays a huge role like Clarke will tell you.  I would bet money all these chokes since they were designed specifically for Hevi-13 loads will shoot very well.  I would only think that that during the making of these chokes in the sample testing phase that they made the internal and picked the best choke diameter to make Hevi-13 shoot its best in each gun.

Hey Brad,

First of all, thank you for the kind words and the endorsement. I appreciate it.

When EM decided to get into the choke business, I am told that they did exactly what you said and had a good bit of work done to make a determination on the best e.d. for each model of gun. Again, the e.d. that works for any choke depends largely upon the internal geometry that the designer chooses.

It is of course no surprise that all of the Hevi-13 chokes throw their best patterns with Hevi-13 shotshells. I find that true with most turkey chokes as well.

The Hevi-13 chokes do well with most lead loads but like other chokes, they like barrels of 26" or more to maximize their potential. The real exception to that rule is normally the Beretta/Benelli Mobil choke. It seems to do very well in any of the barrel lengths.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

FL-Boss

+ 1 ... Clark is great and will take great care of you.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: FL-Boss on May 07, 2013, 05:06:33 PM
+ 1 ... Clark is great and will take great care of you.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Longshanks

Clark's advice has always been right on the money. Thank you for all the help you have given me with my guns. You are an asset to this website and to anyone looking to set up a turkey gun. Hats off to you. Thanks Hall.

Thank you to Brad as well. I am turning my best Pb patterns to this date with a set up he recommended.

Old Gobbler is is all about results. "May the beards be long and the spurs be sharp."

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ElkTurkMan

I have the Hevi choke in my 870, and I shoot the 3" hevi shot 2oz #6's and it is absolutely devastating.  I am shooting a12 GA with a26 inch barrell.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Longshanks on May 07, 2013, 08:25:13 PM
Clark's advice has always been right on the money. Thank you for all the help you have given me with my guns. You are an asset to this website and to anyone looking to set up a turkey gun. Hats off to you. Thanks Hall.

Thank you to Brad as well. I am turning my best Pb patterns to this date with a set up he recommended.

Old Gobbler is is all about results. "May the beards be long and the spurs be sharp."

Thank you for the kind words.  I do appreciate it a lot.  I'm glad I could help. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: ElkTurkMan on May 07, 2013, 08:59:07 PM
I have the Hevi choke in my 870, and I shoot the 3" hevi shot 2oz #6's and it is absolutely devastating.  I am shooting a12 GA with a26 inch barrell.

Hey thanks for the info.  I'll have to try some 6's. 

mudhen

My Super Vinci shot the best, by far, with the Hevishot Choke + H-13 3.5" 2.25 oz #6's...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mudhen on May 07, 2013, 11:54:41 PM
My Super Vinci shot the best, by far, with the Hevishot Choke + H-13 3.5" 2.25 oz #6's...

mudhen

Do you know what the 10" numbers were?  I know some folks aren't in to the 10" thing and if you don't that's fine, but I just thought I would ask. 

Chilly

I ordered mine last week.  Should have it any day now... Excellent service with Clark and Doris.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

lowoctane

Clark's an asset wherever he goes... :blob10:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life