OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buck's First Bird

Started by Preacher, March 08, 2011, 05:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

It was cold and wet Sat. morning March 5 , the opening of Mississippi youth season.  But my paw-in-law had been hearing these 4 two-year olds science the end of deer season, they were as close as you could get to being "tied down".    We sliped in in the pre dawn darkness ,  soon afterwords we heard our first gobble of the season ,  a few yelps and about 10 gobbles ,  we were greated with 4 mississippi longbeards coming up the logging road.   

Pick out a close one son,  they were all about 25 steps ,  and the 20ga. roared.  Then the high-fiving, and neckhugging began.    9 in. beard,  .75 spurs,  19 lds.

Sorry for the delay and darkness of the pictures,  maybe we will get to work on our picture taking skills.

Romans 8:37

jshively

Great bird and the smile on the boys face says it all. :z-guntootsmiley:

hobbes

Timber Chicken

Basser69

Congrats on a mighty fine first bird!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

REBELYELL

That's a memory for a lifetime. Congrats to both of you.

Hognutz

Congrats, Buck. That is something that you will never forget. He is a beautiful bird..Well done, son..Mike :icon_thumright:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkeybow

:anim_65: I bet that was a sweet hunt even though it was short.  I'm sure that will be a memory he will never forget.  Congrats again!!
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

guesswho

Buck done good!  And you did too, good job helping the young man out.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Flydown

It don't get any better then that!Congrats to you both! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

VAHUNTER

man that dark back ground really shows off the colors in that bird  :icon_thumright: beautiful !!!!
Congrats to the young man. i hope this is just a drop in the bucket for him
Good things come to those who wait

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats Buck!! :you_rock: :you_rock:  Preacher we will work on your picture taking skills in two weeks when I get down there!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

alloutdoors

Congrats to both of you!  Good shootin.   :z-guntootsmiley: