OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much does your vest weigh?

Started by eddie234, May 03, 2013, 03:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

I put mine on the scale and it was 8lbs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

WV TURKEY THUG

Never really weighed mine but it has 4 slate calls 5 strikers 3 mouthcalls a boxcall a gobbler shaker 1 decoy inflatable a push pull call a owl hooter and a crow call and some extra shells,water ,face mask, gloves. I think that's all and sometimes it can be about 20 some more pounds heavier.lol

tomstopper

I would probably guess from about 8-10 lbs.....

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

renegade19

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on May 03, 2013, 04:26:08 PM
Too much! :TooFunny:
Mine too.  This year, I really trimmed the load and just went with a fanny pack.  Worked great.

Bob Giese

Never put it on a scale but at 6:am not too much....by 1:pm way too much

Fatbeard

East TN Beard Buster

Gut Pile

Zero, I use a mid sized back pack with very little in it, really it's just for a couple of calls and a thermos full of coffee and a fibre one bar. I like traveling light
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

catman529

zero.... fanny pack and/or cargo pockets. Prefer to pack light. didn't even carry a slate call this year, only tube, mouth and wingbone call

Illini Tom

not bad walking in, but its usually 20-some pounds heavier on the trek back to the truck. (well, sometimes) ;D
piqued my curiosity so i went out and weighed it - 5 pounds exactly. surprised me; i figured it would weigh more.
i used to carry way too much stuff, so when i needed a new vest a couple years ago i got an ol tom time and motion vest. great gear specific pocket design.
i now pack 3 pots w/3 strikers for each, a box, gobble shaker, tube call, mouth call pouch with 4 diaphragms, call conditioners, chalk, 3 xtra shells, pocket knife, mini snippers, small binos, xtra facemask and gloves, turkey tote, shop rag paper towel and mushroom sack.
and i thought i traveled light  ::)

Bob Giese

My curiosity got to me....vest without decoys, binoculars and range finder 6 1/2 lbs...with deks, binos and rf 10 lbs even

DirtNap647

mossy835

Not enough I need to buy and carry more stuff. :funnyturkey:

surehuntsalot

way to much

guessing around 7-10 lbs
it's not the harvest,it's the chase