turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas public land hunting

Started by bigbird, May 03, 2013, 01:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

could anyone give me any advice on public land turkey hunting in kansas. I am wanting to try to hunt out there next spring! Whatever help I can get will be appreciated, thanks

fallhnt

You bet. Get an atlas from KS. that shows all public land and go.I have good luck in the spring and fall on public land there. This years atlas is great,it shows more detail and road names too.You can check it out on line.There is still time to go you know.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

opster246

Just like fallhnt says, get the atlas.  I would decide on where you want to hunt, then focus on the WIHA or state land you will be near and do some "satellite recon" with google, bing ect.  Not all WIHAs are as good as others, and nothing will beat putting boots on the ground, but with so much land, it will help narrow down the options you want to check on.  I print the ones that good and mark out the borders, then bring them along as a map when I am in the field.  Helps give reference points and navigate the land.  A couple buddies and I are already planning our next spring trip! Good luck!