OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

May 3 ?

Started by coyotetrpr, May 03, 2013, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

I went out this morning with my neighbor and had to push 4 inches of snow off my truck to go. IT SNOWED ALL MORNING AND WE DID NOT SEE A SINGLE TURKEY. I wish I could honestly say that surprised me. We heard 2 gobblers and a hen that answered me a little, but then they just shut up. I thought that something spooked them but the more I play it back in my mind I think that they may have stayed on the roost late and when they shut up was them flying down and going into the other timber to hole up. I guess that now I can say that I hunted in the snow for a spring turkey, but I hope I never do it again. By the way I forgot to mention that I live in Missouri not out west. It has been the craziest spring that I can remember weatherwise.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

DirtNap647

weather sure is strange hope it gets better for ya just dont send the snow my way

Dbrnmllr

Tell me about it.  We have been in a blizzard for the last two days here in North Iowa.  This sucks!  I was really looking forward to a second bird by going 4th season, but with 8" of snow on the ground and reain forcast for the weekend I doubt it is gonna happen.  On the bright side next weekends forcast looks great.  Good luck!

stinkpickle

Yep...only two more days left of the Missouri season, and we're playing in the snow.   ;D

surehuntsalot

it has been one screwed up spring weather wise,even down here in the south
it's not the harvest,it's the chase