News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is this Ammo out of production?

Started by Mike Honcho, May 02, 2013, 03:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: bushwhacker on May 03, 2013, 06:40:09 AM
I live in southeast Missouri, our local wal mart carried them for one season which is where I first bought them. The next year I bought several boxes from a local pawn shop for $15 a piece.

So do I.  Well I'll be. 

Thanks for sharing. 

fallsflight

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 02, 2013, 08:07:14 PM
That's strange.  I never seen the Rem Hevi-Shot shells at any walmarts around here or any other state at the time they made thes shells.

What state are your from?

Our local WM used to carry them also.  Most the turkey loads and when they would clearance them after the season I would buy up a bunch and use them for waterfowl.  I was getting them for $2 and change.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: fallsflight on May 03, 2013, 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 02, 2013, 08:07:14 PM
That's strange.  I never seen the Rem Hevi-Shot shells at any walmarts around here or any other state at the time they made thes shells.

What state are your from?

Our local WM used to carry them also.  Most the turkey loads and when they would clearance them after the season I would buy up a bunch and use them for waterfowl.  I was getting them for $2 and change.

You dang near stole them at that price. 

Well thanks for letting me know this.  I guess the only place I have really seen these shells locally was at Foutz Bass Pro shop in Cape Girardeau, Mo.  That's where I bought mine.  I think I paid a little over $20 a box. 

decoykrvr

I shot a lot of both the 3" and 31/2" loads, and hunted turkeys with them until EM finally got their act together w/ the "Gold Hull" shells.  The 1225 fps, heavier loading performed better than the faster/lighter loading in every gun through which I evaluated the shells.  I hunted turkeys w/ both the 5s and 6s and shoot them today for both ducks and geese.  In the waterfowl loading they produced a 31/2" shell w/ 2s which is lethal on long range geese and coyotes.

Turkasaurus

Makes me wanna PUKE!!! I 'member back to when I happened on a bunch of this at WM, 10rds to the box marked down to $12 per box... and I passed.  The stuff would shoot, but I was a copper slinger at the time...   :emoticon-animal-005:
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

Mike Honcho

I got both boxes of 10 rounds of the 3" , 1 1/2 oz. 6's.   Due to my advanced negotiating skills I was able to buy both boxes for exactly the asking price on the box $ 22.89 each! 

While I was standing in line to pay the guy in front of me ( a retired gun dealer) starting talking with the gun dealer about people who would try and bargain down the price on everything they ever bought etc. etc.

When I got up to the counter I just said ....Ring Me Up!

Haven't had time to pattern yet...hope to in next couple of days.

surehuntsalot

I have several boxes of 6's and 5's in the 20ga loads,they are very good shells
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

I have about 10 boxes of 10 gauge #6 Rem Hevi stockpiled , it is actually a very good shell
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Lucky Clucker

Killed a pile of turkeys with those loads, they will kill and pattern great.I used a Carlson.665 ported choke,and a .670 Jelly head for my Super x2 win.
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

jblackburn

I tried a box of 4's before everyone figured out that smaller hevi shot was the way to go.  I was not impressed, but I probably over choked it.  I bet the 4's would shoot out of a standard full choke.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.