OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fate of Super Elite vests?

Started by PALongspur, May 01, 2013, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

Does anyone on here have any idea if there will ever be a new breed of Super Elite vests available? I'm assuming from all the sales and lack of availability that Russell is no longer making them?

I'm into my 6th season with my SEIII and I can't imagine using another vest!

captin_hook

mudhen

Info is sketchy, but it appears Russell shut down the camo clothing operations.

There are plenty of vests out there, but one would think that the MO original line would have some decent value.

I would think someone will pick up the line before the SHOT Show, maybe MO themselves?  Duck Commander?  UA?  Cabela's?  Primos?  Any of the mega-companies maybe like; Browning?  Beretta Holdings, who knows?

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

NFW

i tell ya if yours does break down ive really enjoyed my new old toms vest i just got the cheap one but it does perfect and the pad being magnetic is alittle bit nicer running and gunning instead of those clips for your seat.

NYbassman

I cannot imagine production of the vest not being picked up by someone else. It seems to me that the Super elite III is the most popular vest out there. I know I love mine.

ElkTurkMan

Wing SUpply had a bunch of Russell camo clothing on clearance, perhaps they have the vest your looking for as well.

opster246

Quote from: NFW on May 02, 2013, 01:08:52 AM
i tell ya if yours does break down ive really enjoyed my new old toms vest i just got the cheap one but it does perfect and the pad being magnetic is alittle bit nicer running and gunning instead of those clips for your seat.
I have an Ol' Tom vest and like it also, but I have to say I bought one of the Wing Supply closeout SE vests for my son for Christmas. After getting his in the mail, I bought one for my self!  The magnetic pad is nice, until you put a big ol tom in the game pouch, the magnet will not hold the pad up and it smacks you in the legs the whole way out!  Wish the Ol Tom vest had a clip option for that reason.

Gooserbat

Info I got was the Russel was bought out by Hanes and they have stopped all production of camo products.  I would say someone will be making a very similar line of camo by next spring.  For what it's worth look at a Tactical Tater from Cabelas.  Yeah I know they aren't cheap but it's the best vest for me. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.