turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Advice after busted hunt

Started by Gut Pile, May 01, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gut Pile

Had a great spot on the edge of a feeding field, birds were silent last Saturday and I called WAY to many times. The gobbler came in behind to the right of me, not but 5 yards away, looked right at me and was back in the thicket before I could even blink

Will that bird ever come back to that same area? I plan on a Friday morning hunt

Should I use a different call than what I used last Saturday? Or will he have forgotten that specific sound by now?

Thanks
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

AUDoubleBeard

I would use a different call, and if they use that area often I will not call if they are silent on the roost if they are vocal then I might trying calling a little.  All in all I would not call much at all though.

30_06

Probably use a different call, and set up a little ways away from the original spot. It has worked for me in the past.

surehuntsalot

give them a couple of days and they will be right back doing the same old things
it's not the harvest,it's the chase