turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wet Glass Over Glass

Started by SCGobbler, May 01, 2013, 02:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

I have an Al Wills Glass or glass that got wet over the weekend hunting.  My son and I got caught in a nice heavey rain on the way back fromt eh blind.

We were soaked to the gills and all of my calls suffered from moisture.

The pot calls took the most damage.  Of the three I carry, all swelled but the two expensive ones seem to be OK all though they did not shrink back.

Any idea if the glass over glass is salvageable?  It wasn't as expensive as the other two, but it was a sweet sounding call until it got wet.  Now it just sounds muffled and does not roll over like it used too.

I placed it in a Ziploc bag with rice to see if that made a difference, but that was a no go.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

lightsoutcalls

I would try to get in touch with the callmaker about it.  I honestly don't know what you might do other than letting it sit  (not in direct sunlight) and air dry for a few weeks.  There is an unwritten code among callmakers not to "fix" a call that someone else built.

Hope it works out for you.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on May 01, 2013, 03:08:44 PM
I would try to get in touch with the callmaker about it.  I honestly don't know what you might do other than letting it sit  (not in direct sunlight) and air dry for a few weeks.  There is an unwritten code among callmakers not to "fix" a call that someone else built.

Hope it works out for you.

There is an unwritten code among callmakers not to "fix" a call that someone else built.

I agree with wendell on repair of others calls, the calls are trash, when the wood moved it broke glue joints, warped and will never be the same. replace them
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

SCGobbler

Is this something that typically happens when calls get wet?

I have gotten other calls wet and they have never acted like this.

Could the call maker fix it?
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge