turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WildTigerTrout's 2013 Pa. Gobbler

Started by Sand Man, May 01, 2013, 10:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sand Man

Ed asked me to post this picture for him with his bird and kid.

I'm sure he'll fill in the details, but this is what he sent me:

QuoteI got lucky on Saturday (It's our first day, regular season) and bagged a good one.  He weighed 21 pounds,had heavy 1 inch spurs and a thick 10 inch rope. My boy was with me again on this one. He is turning into quite the "Turkey Thug".
Take Care,
Ed

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

jakebird

Crouching Tiger Dead Gobbler! Congrats!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

DirtNap647

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

WildTigerTrout

First I would like to thank Sandman for posting the pic for me. I guess I'm a better turkey hunter than a computer guru! LOL. My son and I heard different two gobblers between 6am and 8am but they were on property that we cannot hunt and were to far away to call off. We sat until about 930am and then started slowly making our way back to my Jeep. I would stop and listen  and call on the way. About 10 am we stopped on the top of a ridge to listen and heard a gobbler that we could set up on. I called back to him just to let him know we where there and he responded. We slowly worked our way toward him and into our final setup. I called, he answered. He called again and I shutup. After several minutes of silence he called again and I answered him. This went on for about 30 minutes back and forth. Finally my son say's "Dad, I see him". At this point I saw him step out where I could get a look at him. He was about 75 yards out and moving across in front of us. He seemed to be walking away. I thought that is strange he was just gobbling his head off a minute ago. I purred and clucked to him a couple times and he just kept right on walking. I was perplexed until I heard a resounding gobble behind where he first stepped out. At this point I knew their were TWO gobblers. I thought oh he's leaving because the BIG BOY just showed up and he does not want a butt whipping. I concentrated my calling efforts on the second bird and after about 15 minutes of coaxing he finally showed himself and moved into range.When he lifted his head and in range I dropped the hammer on my Benelli SBE and sent a Win. 3.5" 2 oz HV load of copperplated #6 shot his way. He weighed 21 pounds, had 1 inch heavy spurs and a thick 10 inch paintbrush rope. He is one of my best all-around birds to date. The most fun was sharing the hunt with my son again. He just bagged his first longbeard the Saturday before during our youth hunt. Two memories that will last us BOTH a lifetime.I even used the same mouth call for both hunts, a Primos" Piggyback A Frame True Double" Thanks for reading our story fellas and good luck to all this season. :happy0064:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

captin_hook

WildSpur

Good deal!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

alloutdoors

Gold Spur

Awesome bird! Congrats to the both of you...  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

tomstopper

beagler

Never Misses

boomer

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird WTT!!! Good to see you getting your son out there with you!! :icon_thumright: