OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old man tagged out...

Started by BBD, May 01, 2013, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBD

yesterday morning at 8:15.  We started out at our normal listening spot and did not hear a peep. We jump on his Bad Boy buggy and take off. After several stops we start slipping in desperation mode with our hopes quickly sinking.  We stop at an old field around 8 and I make a few calls on my Southland glass slate. Nothing. With the realization that it's over kicking in I turn up the volume and BINGO one about blows my hat off from 75 yds away.  Lucky for us I knew the area and the bird so we take off away from him and circle around to an area I'd heard him go several mornings. We had actually got on this bird opening morning of the youth hunt with the 9 jakes came in on my son. The next morning was answering us when the 3 jakes came in on my daughter. Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings we heard him. This morning he was in the mood and I must of been saying the right things because 15 minutes later he was flopping.  Another great hunt with my dad.

Deadeye

That's a real nice tom! Congrats!

redarrow

I love seeing you fellas hunt with your folks. Wish I coulda done it. Congrats . :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

alloutdoors

DirtNap647

captin_hook

mnturkey

Congratulations, Nice bird.  Keep it up with dad, get a video if you can but take a lot of pictures.
SEMPER FI

Gold Spur

Congrats, that's a great bird! :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats. Very Nice......

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

beagler

Never Misses

VAHUNTER

very nice!!! Congrats to you and your Dad!!!
Good things come to those who wait

JVA54