OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Updated with kill!!!!! Missed TWICE!

Started by bigredneck61088, April 30, 2013, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredneck61088

Well, did my first out of state public land trip, and missed one gobbler at ten yards Sunday!

Got my head back into it, and then missed a 35 yarder on one I couldn't get to stop walking today.... went back and the gun is shooting dead nuts, except for one shot that I knew I pulled!

Just mentally drained and its killing my confidence... Sorry guys needed someone to whine to, been a tough season thus far and my vacation is almost over. Indiana public land isn't too shabby tho, just need that third chance!

This morning started slow as I was un motivated..... got out and only heard one of those "I thought that was a gobble." So I started heading that way, sure enough I setup on a ridge and had a hen cutting below me. Then I head three Jakes start shock gobbling off a goose and were heading towards the hen. I cut the distance with getting in between and belly crawled 150 yds to near field edge to not be seen.

Birds were shock gobbleing under 100yards, and I yelped once.... ten seconds later a bird appears at 40ish yards in the field but I cant see a beard, then a Jake appears with probably three inch beard, that was all she wrote because the sx2 redeemed herself! Never hooted and hollered so much over a kill in my life!

Thanks for the support guys, most well earned turkey season for me, and his fan will be next to the long beards on the wall with a hell of a story to tell.... thanks for the support old gobbler and my gun was rocking an old gobbler sticker on the buttstock for the kill!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KYFrid

You'll get him. At least your seing and getting opportunities at birds. Sounds like your in good spots. It will come together.

Onpoint

It'll all come together for ya. Get back out there and make it happen. Layin one down is the best way to get over a miss.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

stinkpickle

I know the feeling.  It'll just make the next hit all the more sweet. 

Gold Spur

I hate when that happens. Keep after them!
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Shoregobbler

Hunt Hard! Keep your head down on that gun!!!!!!! It will happen.

spaightlabs

You'll be ok - you did the right thing - re-checked the gun for poi, andyou aren't blaming anything or anyone.  Next one in your pat his a goner. Just keep your cheek welded to the stock, breathe, and squeeeeze the trigger.

Good luck!

catman529

This year I missed 3 birds in 2 days. The first two were in a flock I snuck up on and just shot and missed 2 toms in a row in the group. The next day I called a bird off private onto public land around 11:30 am and shot right over his head. Emptied 2 more shells as he ran off.  Both times were very depressing and I could have easily quit. But both days, I ended up killing a tom. The first day I heard one gobbling on the way back to the truck to check out another spot. Called him in and killed him at 11. The second day, I didn't get on another cooperating bird till the end of the day, when i called one in strutting, spitting and drumming right at sunset. Keep it up, don't let the misses get you down, I bet you will kill one here soon.

tomstopper

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on April 30, 2013, 06:03:27 PM
It'll all come together for ya. Get back out there and make it happen. Layin one down is the best way to get over a miss.
:agreed: good luck.....

DirtNap647

hang in there happens t the best of us ...and good luck

bigredneck61088

Updated with today's 0800 kill up top! Thanks for the support guys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call