OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PA HUNTERS

Started by teamkeystonecountry, April 30, 2013, 11:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamkeystonecountry

hows your season going, what are you hearing im in 4C seeing and hearing way more people than turkeys hunting sgl 211

PAbigbear

killed a decent 2 year old sat. at 645.  couldn't buy a gobble yesterday in the rain/wind.  today I blew it with the 20ga on a tom and worked 2 other longbeards til quitting time but couldn't get them coaxed into range.

remmy1187

They are gobbling pretty good here in unit 4A, killed a nice bird on Monday morning.

beagler

Birds have been gobbling hot and heavy everywhere...... but where I've been  :(. My buddies have taken several the last few days. They are all reporting a banner first few days.
Never Misses

WildSpur

I am in 2c.  Day one brought me 5 gobbles all day.  Day 2 brought me no gobbling on the roost but did get 2 longbeards to come in while running and gunning.  They would only gobble in I called amd would not strut for me.  My experience is different than my buddies though.  All have had great action in 2a and 2b.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

dpittman

I am also in 2C (bedford county) killed longbeard sat morn and monday morn. good season. In fact on sat I shot longbeard and 9 yo son killed jake one hour later.

WildTigerTrout

I am in 4D. I called in a nice longbeard during the Youth Season for my 14 year old son. That gobbler was his first wild turkey ever. He dropped him at 715am. It was 17 3/4 pounds, 3/4 inch spurs and a 9 inch beard. Then last Saturday on the opening day of the regular season I called in a good one and bagged him at 1045 am. He was 21 pounds, 1 inch spurs and a 10 inch beard. We also heard several others. The gobbling is better than it has been in the last few years and am I glad I have that 2nd tag to enjoy! :happy0064:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!